Kato N EMD SDP40F Type IVa - Standard DC - Burlington Northern Santa Fe #6976 (Maersk Warbonnet; Blue, Silver, Black)
Estimated Shipping: 2-3 Business DaysKAT-17670361
ALL KATO ITEMS ARE PRODUCED IN LIMITED RUNS
Thanks to their SD40-2 heritage, the SDP40F's were fairly simply converted to freight use, which allowed them to maintain relevance after the introduction of their successor, the EMD F40PH, in the late 70's and early 80's. A number of SDP40F's were traded over to the Santa Fe Railway in 1984 where they were modified and repainted into the distinctive warbonnet scheme and maintained in service for nearly 15 years.
- Type I Car body details represent the prototypical appearance of these units "as built" - No front porch railings, Steam Generators, Nose headlights, and forward mounted 4-Chime air horns.
- Type IV Car body details represent the prototypical appearance of these units in later freight service - Front porch railings, notched nose, Nose/Cab headlights as appropriate, additional roof antennas, Cab A/C units as appropriate, and rear mounted 3-Chime air horns.
- All locomotives equipped with body mounted KATO magnetic knuckle couplers
- Locomotives feature directional Golden White LED headlights and illuminated preprinted numberboards
- Locomotives have a powerful five pole motor with all wheel electrical pickup and blackened wheels
- Locomotives are DCC friendly