Walthers Cornerstone HO Glacier Industrial Sands Kit
Estimated Shipping: 2-3 Business Days933-4035
One of the newest industries along the rails involves some of the oldest material on earth - sand! While it's been used for centuries to make building materials, glass and metal castings, you'll also find it in paint, fertilizer and plastics. Recently, |fracturing sand} (or |frac sand}) has become a hot commodity, used to break rock and improve the flow at new oil and gas fields. But you can't use just any kind of sand for any kind of product, which means it's got to be hauled long distances from producer to end user - a big job tailor-made for today's railroads!
Sand is produced in a variety of ways, and many mines and quarries have added new equipment to speed loading operations while increasing safety and reducing environmental hazards. Glacier Industrial Sands captures the look and feel of these operations, and makes a great stand-alone facility, or a busy part of larger operations.
- Contemporary Trackside Industry
- Prototypes Transfer Sand & Other Aggregates from Trucks to Covered Hoppers
- Railcar Loading Area with Safety Harness Beam
- Two Conveyors, Truck Fuel Tank, Main office & Guard Shack
- Includes Mixing Bin, Piping & Double Loading Silos
- Printed Company & Safety Signs
- Silos: 5-1/2 x 4" x 11-3/8" 13.9 x 10.1 x 28.8cm Conveyors: 4-3/4 x 1/2 x 2-3/8" 12 x 1.2 x 6cm Office: 4-1/8 x 1-5/8 x 3" 10.4 x 4.1 x 7.6cm Bin: 5" x 1-1/8 x 2" 12.7 x 2.8 x 5cm Fuel Tank: 4-5/8 x 1-3/4" 11.7 x 4.4cm